Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Work Hard...Play Hard


Stephen's family tradition is to go to the mountains outside of Bear Lake and cut wood for the next winter. Usually the trip is right around the 4th of July. This was my first year to participate in this tradition. Travis had the impression that I would not do well with manual labor and boy did I prove him wrong. Not only do I PLAY HARD....I WORK HARD. I was able to keep up with his 79 year grandfather. I did not see any scary bugs and walked away with only 2 mosquito bites. I will definitely be participating in the Stephen's traditions for many years to come.

4 comments:

Martins said...

Amber youre a natural lumber jack! Beautiful! Did you get the email from kyrsten? I guess we're next! Hehehe!

guthriegang said...

looks like fun! do you have a fireplace to burn it in at your new house?!! we love you two! miss you!

Anonymous said...

Amber!!! Man I miss you girl.Dinah found my blog from Kyrstens and I found yours on Dinah's. It's a wonderful circle...You are hard-core with that chain saw, I can just see you going to town on those trees. I'm so glad you and Dinah are bloggers!

Anonymous said...

We will be in the bubble until December when Adam graduates. I think I'll miss it here, especially the lack of bugs.