Wednesday, August 12, 2009

3 Months already

It has been a long while since I wrote something. Just a little update since May 13th. Well I don’t remember what we did in May so sorry. June Amber and I went to Disney World and it didn’t seem as magical as I remember it. Amber and I spent the first 2 days getting discount tickets to Disney World, Sea World and Bush Gardens. We went to three time share sessions and to be honest it really wasn’t worth it but now we know. I recommend doing two, three was just too much. The first day at the park we went with Jenny and the kids and it was a lot of fun.

Amber and I was able to take the kids on the tea cups and I was advised by Jenny not to spin the cups too fast because the kids might get scared and I agreed. When I got to the cups the kids wanted to go fast so I went really fast and everyone was happy.
We didn’t make it for the fireworks but we had a great time.

The next day we went to Sea World and had a great time but it was super hot. We rode Atlantis for the second ride at the park and we got soaked and everything was wet for the rest of the day. They had a lot of shows and Avery and Hudson had a great time. The rest of the vacation we spend at the pool kicking it and enjoying the sun. We rode in swan paddle boats, fished, miniature golf and tennis. I think that we spent more time playing instead of relaxing. When I got home I crashed for 13 hrs.

For the 4th of July I got to meet Ambers brother Pauls family for the first time. It was good to hangout with the kids and talk with Paul and Jennifer. Jenny, Hudson and Avery came to the pool and played too. We had a good time and hope that I can see Pauls family again. Later that night Amber and I walked to the Sugar House park to watch some fireworks because it is supposedly the last year for them.

For the 24th of July Jenny invited us down for a block party at her house. The party consisted of blow up slides, cotton candy, snow cones, zip line, a huge slip and slide, face painting and the best fireworks I have ever seen. We also celebrated Jennys birthday with lemon cake.

For our 28th Birthdays Amber surprised me with all of my friends coming over for a BBQ at our house. I had a great time with all my old roommates, Julian, Shawn, Brien, Darcy and Rachel. We just hung out and later played some card games. We were going to play Halo but it was getting late.

Our anniversary we spent our time at the ward campout in Emigration Canyon. Amber’s calling in the ward is Activities so she was incharge of a lot of the campout. We were thinking about sleeping in our house but we decided to just sleep in a tent overnight. It was very nice weather and not too cold. I think that Amber and I slept a total of 4 hrs. We had the best camp site and had foam pads but we still had rocks and a hard ground keeping us awake. Over all it was a great campout and very enjoyable to be with everyone from the ward.

I’m still at BD Medical in the QC Lab. I have been here for 4 months now and its going great. I have been learing a lot and I have been put incharge of a major project at work so that is all the excitement that I have for work. We will be leaving for Hawaii in a few more days and I’m very excited for the vacation and to see Ambers family. I’m a little stressed because I will be missing a week of school but I have talked to all the professors so I should be up to date when I get home. Well that’s the major stuff in our life hope you enjoy. I will try and write less next time.

1 comment:

LaVene said...

Travis & Amber,
Really enjoy it when you update your blog. Its great knowing whats going on in your life as we see you so seldom. THANKS Keep it up